Contemporary history experiences of Kallie de Beer: Stories of my grandpa and- mother about the Anglo Boer War. The family link to the diamond related and seventh adventist church de Beers. Farms in the Free State's little towns and trips abroad. Research in contemporary history of South African diplomacy and the change of the former South African Army into a peacekeeping force in Africa and additional academic research in casu open distance e-learning.

Friday, June 23, 2006

SWISS ICONS

On the left is the hotel Berne in Geneve and a Swiss shop icon with a bear which my wife and I collected on my research trip to the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). UNITAR is hosting the Peacekeeping Operations Correspondence Instruction programmes on which our Centra;l University of Technology, Free State (CUT) wants to install at the National Institute for Higher Education, Northern Cape (NIHE) in Kimberley. Kimberley is very near to the largest Army Battleschool in southern Africa and where international peacekeeping soldiers have joint operations.
My wife, Christa and I both took German as a High School subject and could very easy found our direction in Switzerland, however, could not follow the spoken dialects. We travelled by train to Germany and spend a few days holday at the Tutsing lake(see). We felt more sure with our broken German knowledge in Munich than in Switzerland.
I also duplicated a copy of the old city of Bern which I borrowed from an ex staff member of our Department for Foreign Affairs. I will publish this image on another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home